Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Summer Barbecue

Today I am discussing something near and dear to my heart: summer barbecues. Here in the South they are the epitome of togetherness and are the best way to catch up with friends after not seeing each other for so long! They are also synonymous with graduation parties, end of school parties and pool cookouts. A "good" southern summer barbecue typically has barbecue {well duh Maggie}, drinking lemonade/Shirley Temples out of mason jar glasses {so cliche but really we do}, Strawberry shortcake with homemade whip cream & most importantly friends! I put together two "looks" based off of what I personally wear to summer barbecue.

What to Wear: Summer Barbecue

This is more of a "dressy" outfit but cute none the less! I styled this H&M dress with platinum with gold edging Jack Rodgers, a classic cardigan for when the sun sets, pearls, a fun watch and obviously a bow! My reasoning for choosing an H&M dress opposed to a Lilly Pulitzer is that atleast where I live your Lilly dress {or skirt} is more so meant for church. While others might disagree with it I think it makes wearing your favorite Lilly 10 times more special. Also isn't that baroque pattern so chic?

What to Wear: Summer Barbeque

Now this set is a more dressed down perfect for catching lightning bugs. I honestly find this being my go to for the spring/summer time. Along with the same Jack's, monogrammed chino shorts {yes you read that right!!} and a sassy bow it dresses up this J.Crew smocked top which is great for those hotter nights. Do y'all have summer barbecues?

XX,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment